Ricardo León Befán is a commercial and music video director with over 20 years of experience in the film business. A graduate of the prestigious Film and Audiovisuals School of Barcelona, his passion for telling stories started when he began drawing comic strips at age 5.
It didn't take him too long to realize that the moving images by which he was so fascinated during his weekly visits at the double-feature cinemas (and their soundtracks), were the kind of work he really wanted to share with the world.
His work in award-winning music videos brought him to contribute to the Bollywood industry, where he worked with acclaimed singers Raveena Mehta, Suchita Parte and Natalie Diluccio, as well as renowed composer Tushar Parte.
Most recently specialized in commercial ads, he has worked with brands such as Coca-Cola, Chevrolet, Durex and J&B among many others, and is currently focused in the American, European and South Asian market.
CHEETOS – El Fútbol en Casa
– Texas 2016 Mofilm Contest (*1st PRIZE WINNER*)
CHEVROLET – When Love Begins
– Texas 2016 Mofilm Contest (*4th PLACE WINNER*)
HÄAGEN DAZS – Private Pleasure
– New York City 2014 Mofilm Contest (*3rd PLACE WINNER*)
DUREX – Happy Sunrise
– London 2012 Mofilm Contest (Finalist)
SANTANDER BANK – Hair Salon
– Lollapalooza 2012 Mofilm Competition (*4th PLACE WINNER*)
COOL FROG – Move!
– PURO CUATRO TV Co
ntest, Band of the Year, Pop Category (*WINNER*)
– ZARAGOZA Film Festival
– CHASHAMA Film Festival (NYC)
– FIVA – Alcañiz International Music Video Festival
– LEMON POP Music Video Festival
– MUSICLIP – International Music Video Festival– POP MADRID (Video of the day)